Monday, September 6, 2010

Redneck Nightmare

I wish I knew how to re-order pics, but I can't on here. But above is our new living room. I know, it's not going to be featured on a blog (other than this lame one) or put in a magazine, but if you saw it before, it was like an episode of Hoarders, and the end result is at least orderly and doesn't have 28 dead cats hidden under the layers of trash. Okay, we never had dead cats. Yet.

Yes, the post title was also a t-shirt worn by our neighbor, John Boy (JB) today. We couldn't complain though, because he drove us in his big ol truck up 10 miles to a FURNITURE BLOW OUT BONANZA sale. There is something humbling about walking into an old Wal Mart to buy a cheap sectional, but we need extra seating in our giant, wood-paneled room, so we found the best piece of furniture in that place and hopped in the truck and bolted home (minus the stop at a car repair shop, for unknown reasons). As I was sitting in the back seat with the wind blowing in my hair, creating more frizz than I was comfortable with, listening to Kenny Chesney blaring on the radio, I thought where the heck am I? But I am in my new home, getting more and more comfortable with the country differences. It's fun.

Office pic: cute desk from ikea that my staff associate Peter labored long and hard over. Thanks :)

The pic above is of our dear JB. This was minus his cowboy hat and the snake skin boots are not in the picture. He was in our kitchen, being tutored by Janelle (middle school science teacher) because he is failing biology and he suddenly became Janelle's new project.

3 comments:

  1. Is that Finlay? Top left corner of the picture board? :) Sounds like JB is enjoying having you guys around...
    I'm sure going to get a sofa with you is the most fun he's had in a long time. Then again, if he's failing biology, maybe he's having plenty of fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! (and by “it” I mean your living room....not so much the redneck disaster!) Glad you’re getting all settled in- it is looking cuter every day! (and by “it” I still mean your house....not JB).

    Oh- and if you want to move pics in blogger you can either drag them when you’re in preview mode, or, if you click on the “edit HTML” tab you can cut and paste the code for the pic (it’s long) putting it wherever you want it. Sounds hard- isn’t....let me know if you need help. I may not have a truck, or snake skin boots, but I can still get ‘r done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha you got a picture of him, OMG. We need to put that up in our house.

    ReplyDelete