Sunday, November 7, 2010

Well I've been busy this past month, mostly working on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5tp5wweSHk

Our friend Ashley always wanted a surprised choreographed dance at her wedding, so we really did it. Kind of feels like a bucket list item to choreograph and pull off a real flash mob.

What was not part of the plan: my wicked fall. RIGHT before hitting the music, we were like, should we wear our shoes or not? We debated, and then said, ditch the shoes, it will be easier. I was the only one wearing tights (the wedding was outside and it got down to 30 degrees- yikes!), and I walked through the damp grass to get to the dance floor, made a sharp turn, ie creating a horrific fall. It really did not hurt at all, but I'll be honest, I am sore today. I laughed harder than I have in a long time as we re-watched the fall about 50 times last night. We had another videographer in the back of the room, and we are in the process of editing the master copy.

We thought hey, at least now, we might get on America's Funniest Home Videos. Fingers crossed.

5 comments:

  1. 1. You're so graceful
    2. I LITERALLY have tears in my eyes...i'm laughin so hard! I love it!!!!!!!
    And seriously, that is impressive! How did you guys pull that off?!?!??!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO awesome. Way to keep on going....despite some bumps and bruises. Hey- just tell them it's a metaphor for marriage! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog on the Bowden's page. AND I just found out that I am not only friends with Courtney and Dustin...but I am also friends with Ashley! This is crazy to me! How do you all know each other? - meg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meg- that is so funny. Were you at Ashley's wedding? I have known Ashley from college at OSU (since 2002) and Young Life and I recently moved to NC near her. I have known Courtney almost my entire life! Both from the same home town (Westerville) and we went to pre-school together, then YL, and just family friends. I inherited Dustin through that and love him too! How do you know them- are you in Pittsburgh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashley was one of my friends/mentors in middle school and high school. We grew up in Hudson together! I haven't seen her in a while...but I definitely stalked her wedding pics - so beautiful! Courtney and Dustin are in our small group in Pittsburgh now - they are some of our favorite people. I love that the world is so small!

    ReplyDelete