Friday, June 18, 2010

Less Offensive Post #2

In an attempt to offend less moms, photographers and bloggers in this post, I will center on something we can all enjoy: finding the thing you need at the price you want, Bingo, bango.

Now there are some SERIOUS coupons blogs out there, and I will never ever ever be one of those, mostly because my calling is people centered rather than saving 35 cents on 4 boxes of Fiber One bars, but I do love me some good deals. I like to shop and beat the retail system by finding the loop holes of deals! I like to think of shopping as my lead hobby- it's multitasking at its finest (sort of).

May I share a quote? "Much of the joy we get from our purchases lies in the experience of seeking them out, getting them home, and opening them up," from the latest Real Simple magazine (pg. 70), from economist Tyler Cowen.

Couldn't be more true for me. I love the hunt, I love the search and I LOVE LOVE LOVE coming home and fitting them into my other toys. It's bad.

Speaking of magazines, I saw a pair of sunglasses that are TDF (aka To Die For). I want them. Real bad. But they are $250. Yikes. Enter the Great Sunglasses Debate. Do you:

  1. But a cute, cheap, trendy pair, because you know will either get sick of them, sit on them, or lose them in a tidal wave/underneath your car seat/your hair?
  2. OR do you save up, invest in a really classic pair that you can have for a long time, and you will be forced to take great care of, because you gave up buying groceries for a month to purchase them?
I am going to kill the suspense and just say it: I'm a #1 kind of girl. Maybe one day, when I grow up, I will invest in one, but for now, too risky.

This is the pair I REALLY wanted (but in tortoise color):
(Norma Kamali)

Compare them to the real pair I bought from Forever 21, and by pair, I mean 2 pairs, because let's be honest they were $5.80.

Finding killer deals on any cute things recently? Sometimes I want that to be my calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment