Monday, February 14, 2011

Pink Puff Ball Day

First of all, this is just a reminder to you on this Lovely-Day.
Here was my attempt at Valentine's Day Decor. Okay plus some candles and plus some pink vases, but I didn't take pics after I put those out.
This is to show the awkwardness of this banner that I insisted on. You sort of had to duck under it every time you went to your bedroom.
The banner turned out cute, but here was the process: so I bought it last year at Target the day after for like a quarter or something, and it came with the white letters cut out and "all the necessary decorating pieces." Ya right. More like 5 small pieces of paper and a few stickers. I had to make due and turned the paper into polka dots and had to dip into my own paper collection.
And these pink puffs are my favorite. Marshalls is one of my favorite stores, and I am contemplating writing an entire book series on how to navigate and benefit from this great store (not to mention it is literally the only thing we have in Salisbury). But my friend Marshall and my friend Martha Stewart have been courting lately and I am greatly benefiting from their relationship. The stationery isle (my fav) has recently been blossoming with Martha's crafts so cheap you can't afford NOT to buy them, and these puff balls where in the mix. (I know you were wondering when the puff balls would be brought back into relevant conversation). I have bought a few different packs and they are easy to make and even cuter to hang up.

Happy Valentine's Day! Know that you are dearly, dearly loved today! (Ephesians 5:1).

1 comment:

  1. I know this is why we're friends! I have been so excited about Marshall and Martha's courtship as well!

    ps- I miss you and SO glad I benefited from Heather's adaption as well :)

    ReplyDelete